Hi Folks,

A friend of mine purchased the SMA from Jaws 6 and up.  She purchased three in
all.

She has since updated from Jaws 6 to 6.1, then to seven, or something along
those lines.

I have advised her that she should update her Jaws from 7 to 7.1, but she
claims that it won't authorize her to do so.

I was always under the impression that Jaws 7.1 was an update, not an upgrade.

Am I wrong about this?

I could have sworn, and have confirmed, by looking through the archives, that
7.1 was an update to 7, and so no SMA was required to download and install it.

She cannot find her authorization number, and so I only have her serial number
to go on.

Is there some way she can find her authorization number using the software?

I have checked the folder in C://program files/freedom scientific/Jaws7.0 and
have found the authorization manager executable file, however, when entered on,
it does nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

I am at a loss to find out why this is the case.

I do plan on calling FS in the morning, but I may not have the time to devote
to this, as I have several meetings to attend tomorrow, so a reply from the
list would serve me better.

I should note she is using XP Home, and the About dialog box says she is
running Jaws 7.0 something or other, with zero SMA's left.

Thanks for all your help.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List