Hello everyone,

I am using JAWS version 9.0.2169 and Windows Vista Home Premium.
For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing problems with JAWS 9.0 when
using the internet. First, when on certain websites, JAWS does not read
content on websites like
www.arlo.net <http://www.arlo.net/>
The official Arlo Guthrie website. I have never visited this site before, so
I cannot say exactly what content is not showing up; when I clicked on the
"fan base" link JAWS goes right down from the "head frame" to the "foot
frame" without showing any content other than the navigation links.
This problem happens on another website (probably a few others) that I am
awhere of,but I can not give that one out because the site has restricted
access to only people with a username and password.
Also, when I am trying to select an item in a combo box on any website (the
one that comes to mind is www.amazon.com <http://www.amazon.com/>  search
category combo box), JAWS does not speak the contents of the combo box or
what item I have selected unless I go out of forms mode and read the
selected item with the PC cursor.
Finally, when in edit fields such as the mail message edit field on
MySpace.com (although a lot of edit boxes do this), JAWS does not speak the
selected word if I hit ctrl+backspace to delete an entire word. This only
happens in Internet Explorer; any other places this is not a problem.

I experienced this same set of problems on a Windows XP machine running JAWS
8.0 last August. It just so happened that my computer had a virus, and it
became necessary for my father to have a techy service the computer. When I
got the computer back, all of the JAWS problems were mysteriously fixed.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and what steps I might take to
fix it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled JAWS, including removing the user
settings.

Thanks for any help,
Michael Hansen
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at: