Hey Tom,
I tried to do all your steps, but I couldn't get passed the template. I
couldn't right arrow, or enter on it, so what do I do now?
I have MS 2003, Jaws 8, windows XP.
Patti

> [...]
> Since I haven't seen any response to your question, I'm going to take a
> stab at it.
> I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP and it works very well, so I don't
> think waiting for JAWS 10 is the answer.  Plus that's a ways off yet.
> I had a similar problem awhile back.  For some reason the Normal template
> gets messed up and causes slow down problems.
> The Normal template is the file Word goes to every time you choose to
> start a new, blank document.
> You simply need to delete the Normal template.  Word will create a new
> one, so you don't have to worry about losing something essential.  Or if
> you are concerned about this simply cut and paste the file to a
> different, temporary location.  It can be deleted later after you know
> you do not need it.
> Here's what you can do.
> Open My Computer/Windows Explorer.
> Go to the Local, C drive
> Find the Documents and Settings folder and open it.
> Then you will need to find the correct folder for your computer.  There
> will be folders like, Administrator All users, Default User.
> On my computer I need to look under a folder called Tom, but of course
> that will  be different on your computer.
> If you are unsure just look in each of the folders for the following
> folders and search through them until you find the right one with the
> normal template in it.
>
> The next folder you need is called Application Data
> In that folder you will find another one called Microsoft
> In the Microsoft folder you will find a folder called Templates
> When you open this folder you will find a folder called Normal.dotm
> Then you can do one of two things:
> 1. Delete it
> 2. Or if you want to keep it around for safety sake to restore it if need
> be, you can cut and paste it to a different, temporary location.
> When this is done, restart Word and see if this helps.
> Blessings,
> Tom
>

> jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
>
> Hello everyone,
> My jaws 9 is very sluggish in Microsoft word 2007, and I don't know why.
> I know that was one of the things that was supposed to be improved in
> jaws 9,
> but mine is very slow.  When I listened to the what's new in jaws 9 Daisy
> book that was one of the things that was demonstrated, and there's was
> very fast.
> When I read or write in Outlook Express, or the HJ Pad jaws works great,
> but when I do the same thing in MS Word 2007 jaws 9 is very very slow.
> Does anyone
> have any ideas of what I can try to fix this, or should I just wait for
> jaws 10 to come out?  I thought about just waiting for the release of
> jaws 10,
> but I know this problem was worked on for jaws 9.  Any thoughts on this
> would be greatly appreciated!  I'm running Jaws 9, and windows XP home

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com