My new computer just arrived with Jaws 9 and Vista. I realized there would be
some confusion and I certainly am enjoying that.

I may have a few questions but first couple:

When this machine goes to sleep or otherwise shuts down and I bring it back to
life it doesn't seem to want to let me do anything except change user or simple
access, simple access has to do with Narrator and the like. If I want to shut
down it warns me that other users may be logged on and their data will be lost.
There doesn't seem to be any way to log myself on and since it isn't set up to
require me to log on anyway that is not relevant. Only way so far to get back
running is to shut the machine down and restart it. I suppose once I find out
how I can set it up never to go to sleep or what ever it is doing after some
time of inactivity but that doesn't seem like a very good option either. This
is an HP X300 with the fancy solid state fixed drive if that helps but I am
pretty sure it is something about Vista I haven't yet figured out.

Next thing more of an annoyance is how do I change the name of a computer? They
have a default name and the installer gave it my wife's name but I would prefer
it to be saying something else.

Thanks for any help, I am sure it is all very obvious. My life is already too
full of details to fill it with arcane computer details. I rather prefer
hammers, their use and function is rather more obvious.

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com