Hi all, I wish to tell you my early impressions of JAWS 10. It seems very
good so far, and I'm liking the new features, for example autoforms mode and
RealSpeak Solo Direct support. However, I have some comments as well.
1. RealSpeak Solo Direct: it seems to be sluggish when I type. Is this
normal behaviour of RealSpeak, or is this a beta issue and therefore should
be reported. This sluggishness does not happen with Eloquence.
2. Confusion surrounding "Run JAWS with No Speech" check box: according to
the help, it said that the option has been removed from the advanced options
dialogue box in Configuration Manager. I in fact do not recall ever seeing a
"Run JAWS with No Speech" option anywhere in Configuration Manager. What I
do see though is the "Sleep Mode Enable" check box. Perhaps I'm missing
something, but how does one silence JAWS 10 for programmes like OpenBook? Or
is this sleep mode option only been removed from default.jcf. If so, this
makes sense, as who would want JAWS to go to sleep for all applications,
apart from Braille-only users or maybe Magic users.
3. Problem starting earlier versions of JAWS: I have JAWS 9.0.2169 installed
on this system. Since installing JAWS 10 I've only been able to switch to
JAWS 9 about once or twice, the other times it sort of loads but I don't get
any feedback. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Otherwise, I think that's all the comments for now. I look forward to your
comments and feedback. Thanks in advance, happy beta testing!

--
Chris Hallsworth

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]