I used to have this sort of setup and to be honest once you know how to use
Jaws well enough you do not really need Zoomtext to navigate and read stuff
on  a PC. Hanging around and reading the posts on this list will help you a
lot in the transition to fully replace Zoomtext with Jaws. There are also
key conflicts between the default Jaws and Zoomtext applications though
these can be modified in each application with a bit of effort. I only ever
use Zoomtext now if a program is absolutely inaccessible  and even then I
may not actually bother as I have got so used to not struggling to try and
see the screen. In this sense Jaws is a liberator from peering at the
screen. For example once you know all the navigation keys using Jaws on the
Internet is much faster than using Zoomtext in my experience. Of course
Zoomtext will enhance the visibility of Graphics which Jaws will never do.

I found Jaws and Zoomtext sporadically unstable and never really settle
down. Things are much simpler just with Jaws. If you are using High Contrast
you need to make sure that where colours are black this is replaced by
something like dark blue . For some reason Jaws over many versions has not
worked well with the default high contrast settings.

There is a Jaws or Windows key combination to get you almost anywhere you
want  to be. I would suggest you think of an alternative key command when
you are tempted to use Zoomtext. If you cannot think  of  a way of doing
this with Jaws, post to the list and a way will probably be revealed to you.

If you want to use the mouse remember that the Jaws cursor moves the mouse
around on the screen using the arrow keys and will read any text under the
mouse cursor.  Press num pad - to turn on the Jaws cursor and press insert R
to toggle the bits of screen you want to restrict the mouse cursor to.

Regards

David Griffith