The above tip was for Windows Vista. Try following for Windows XP machine:

1. Go to start menu, Settings, and press enter on "Taskbar and Start menu".

2. Press tab untill you hear "Hide inactive icons".

3. Press spacebar to uncheck the "Hide inactive icons".

4. Tab down to "OK" and hit enter.

Now try accessing system trey icons by pressing insert+F7.

Hope this helps.

Zaheer Sheikh