Yes this can be done. I can't remember exactly how now, but I know you had to select the cells that you wanted filled in and use auto fill. I will try to find out exactly how if no one else gives you the answer in the meantime. Bob ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 5:35 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Completing Dates in an Excel Range

Dear List

There is a very useful Excel feature which I used to use  when I relied on
screen enhancements to see a monitor. This feature  provides the automatic
insertion of a consecutive list of data. Basically Excel will look at the
data in 2 cells and you can then have it automatically insert the rest.

So for example you could put in 2 dates like October 1 and October 2 in 2
cells. Highlight these cells and then place your mouse cursor at the bottom
right corner of the second cell. The mouse pointer would change shape and
you could then drag across as many cells as you want and Excel would fill in October 3 , October 4 and so on automatically for you. This would work for
any kind of data - numbers, time and even days of the week like Monday
Tuesday etc. . Basically Excel would look at the relationship between the 2
cells you select and try to replicate this across a range.

This is a very useful and time saving feature  However I can find no
equivalent keyboard sequence which could be used with Jaws to replicate this
mouse operation. Does anybody know of a way of doing  this?

Regards

David Griffith

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the following address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.eset.com

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com