Thanks for that additional explanation.  Any improvement to Flash will be
most welcome to all of us!

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Donald Marang
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:16 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Advances in Flash Accessibility with JAWS

You picked that up correctly.  The end user will not have to change
anything!  The Flash Professional CS4 software is only needed for developing
the Flash content.  The great breakthrough for us blind users is the
accessibility capabilities are the default and automatic.  The developer
does not have to know about or write code to implement accessibility, it is
just there!  It is there even if they did not plan for it or want it!

I am hoping that FS can make a minor tweak in version 10 to allow Forms Mode
to be enabled when on a slider control within a Flash object.  Currently, I
have seen this in seek and volume controls.  Unfortunately, JAWS must be in
Forms Mode for the control to react to left arrow, right arrow, Home and End
keys.

Don Marang