Putting audio books into iTunes.

1. Copy the files in the audio book to the clipboard. They should be in mp3 or
wma format. .Ogg will not work. If they are wma files iTunes will just ask if
you want to convert them and it will do it for you.

2. Create a new playlist in iTunes and give it the name of the book. I usually
put the word Book at the beginning so they will all stay together.

3. Focus on the name of the new playlist and then tab twice to the empty list
area of the playlist.

4. Paste the files into the new playlist.

Here's how to tell iTunes to consider an audio  book an audio book.

1 . Select all the tracks in the book playlist you just created.

2. Press Control-I to open the Group Info box. (Or use the applications key to
open the list and choose Get Info.)

3. Press Shift-Tab once to reach the Info tab in this multi-page dialog.

4. Press Right arrow until you reach the Options tab.

5. Press Tab until you get to the Media Kind combo box and select Audio book .

6. Then you will need to switch to Jaws cursor and you can check the box for
skipping when shuffling and the one to have the book save your place and the
one that says Part of a compilation. You will need to use the Jaws cursor to
check these since the PC cursor takes you to yes or no choices and choosing yes
does not automatically check the item. Use the left click key for Jaws to click
the items.

7. Tab to OK and press Enter.

8. ITunes then takes a little while to process these changes.

9. To double check that the changes worked go to your audio books folder and do
a search to see if the book is there. I guess I always double check every time
since so many times while I was learning things did not work.

To put the book onto the iPod you can follow the directions I sent earlier
about how to put songs onto the iPod.

The time when I put a book directly into a new playlist on the iPod instead of
putting it into iTunes I did have to then select all the tracks and do the
changes in the Get Info dialog box to change it into an audio book.

HTH,

Sherrie
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com