From: "Grant Hardy" <grantha...@telus.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Accessing a window with in a screen

Hi Mark,

On the student service center at my university, there are links like
"grades", "registration" and so on.  They open in a new browser
window, meaning that you end up with two Internet Explorer windows
open - the main student service center in one window, and the
resulting page from the link you clicked on in another.  Could this be
all it is?  Try pressing ALT+TAB to move between the applications that
are open on your computer, and see if you find more than one browser
window.  Or, your computer may be set up to open new windows in a new
tab instead.  I think this is unlikely, but pressing CTRL+TAB from
within Internet Explorer would cycle to the new page, if that were the
case.

Apart from that, see if you can find out some more information about
the window in question.  Do a left mouse click on some of its text
with the JAWS cursor (JAWSKey+8 in laptop layout; or the SLASH key on
the numeric keypad in desktop layout).  Did it come up in the virtual
cursor?  Did it come up in another application, such as Adobe Reader?
(Even if that were the case, the virtual cursor should still work just
fine.)  Press JAWSKey+T to find out what application was put into
focus, if any.

Give that a try and keep us posted,

Grant

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at: