I have notes for Outlook Express but might be same for Outlook:
In Outlook Express:

1. create a new account for your GMAIL by going to the TOOLS Account
pull-down menu
In the servers dialog enter the following:

My Gmail account Properties
Server Information
My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
Incoming mail (POP3): pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
Incoming Mail Server
Account name: enter your GMAIL account Password: ?????????
Remember password (this should be checked)
Log on using Secure Password Authentication (this check box should not be
checked)
Outgoing Mail Server
My server requires authentication (this check box should be checked)
Settings...
OK Cancel

 Now in the ADVANCED dialog page do the following:

 My Gmail account Properties
 Server Port Numbers
 Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465 Use Defaults
 This server requires a secure connection (SSL) (this check box should be
checked)
 Incoming mail (POP3): 995
 This server requires a secure connection (SSL) (this checked also)

 OK Cancel

 Save this information

 Now while logged on your GMAIL ACCOUNT AT www.gmail.com

 click on any settings link and make sure that "POP" is enabled  the gmail
help can lead you to it.

 Now your gmail should work correctly in Outlook Express.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geovanni Bahena" <gbj...@gmail.com>