To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:28 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Excel 2003 and jaws

Hi Folks

I'm using jaws Version 8 professional with windows xp with office 2003.

can any one help with a strange problem with creating headers and footers in Excel?

this is for my college course and I'm not sure if there is a way round this problem.

I am told to create headers and footers, go to file, page setup, go to the page tab, go to customise.

admitted it's not helping as most of the time I'm told to use a mouse.

now, this is where I'm feeling frustrated as, once you land in this section you have three edit boxes, left, centre, right. this determines where the header or footer is on the page.

ok, I understand edit boxes, you type in what you want, right? well...to add to frustration, the book asks for the date to be inserted in the left box, a file name in the centre box and tab in the right.

these items are all buttons on the screen, the pc cursor will read them.

but, I cant select the buttons such as date, time, file name etc that are further on after the above boxes, left centre and right.

does any one know how this can be done with jaws?

I cant select the buttons because the cursor moves from the left, centre or right edit boxes.

hopefully I've explained this problem *smiles*

all I need to do is put text in to the headers but cant find a way round this.

I tried leaving the jaws cursor in the edit box and tab over with the pc cursor, but that moved the focus.

I've tried the other way round, to leave the pc cursor in the edit field then switch to jaws cursor but jaws then cant see the buttons.

I feel there must be a way round this problem but what it is, I've no clues.

thanks

Elaine
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-le...@jaws-users.com
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
jaws-users-list-requ...@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the following address:
blind-computing-j...@jaws-users.com