I got that same thing, but chose to install it later and it hasn't come back up to prompt me to install. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:57 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] AVG Identity Component

Yesterday I was prompted by a box claiming to be AVG saying that I should
install a new component designed to prevent identity theft. I did so but
have a slight concern since that this was a genuine AVG update.
The reason I have become suspicious is that my AVG Internet Security
Firewall is alerting me that this component is attempting to connect to the
internet. It seems slightly odd that AVG Firewall would not know about one
of its own components. The second cause for concern is that after  doing
some online banking tonight my IE reported that it had encountered a problem
with an adding and needed to close. On checking the details for this the
adding causing the problem appeared to be again an AVG component.

The concern is that I have inadvertently let something in claiming to be AVG
which in fact is not. Is there anybody who can reassure me on this point?

Regards

David Griffith

My Low Vision Resources Web Site  is
http://www.nonags.org/members/dajgriff/

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-le...@jaws-users.com
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the subject or body of a blank message to:
jaws-users-list-requ...@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the following address: blind-computing-j...@jaws-users.com