like with victor. your jaws sees the phone as another sound card.

At 12:17 PM 5/2/2009, you wrote:
hello i have a problem with the computer since purchasing a new phone.
it may not be fully related with the jaws users group but it does involve jaws a little i have a v o i p internet telephone account and bought a new dual band cordless phone.
it is for u k fixed line and internet calls
but since installing it i have run into this little problem
when it is plugged into the fixed line socket we have here in the u k i can make calls but don't get a dialling tone unless i go up one level with the navigation button. but the worst is when i plug in the u s b lead the speakers cut out and i hear no sound from the computer speakers and of course this means i cant hear jaws and of course even though the phone is plugged in to the u k line socket all calls made and received are for the internet number
anyone able to assist?
if it helps i am with Vonage as my internet calls provider
thanks
Yvonne