its short for portable file format.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenbu" <ke...@rogers.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Opening a PDF file

EXcuse my ignorance; What is a pdf file? Is that much like say, a mthl or something like that? Ken B ----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florl...@iol.ie>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:23 PM

Before investing in OCR programs for this rather simple image conversion
job, try out the free program pdf2txt, downloadable from

http://EmpowermentZone.com/p2tsetup.exe

PDF2TXT

which is now at version 3.3 and was (and is being) developed by Jamal
Mazrui.  i wrote on this to the list a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it's
already mentioned in the archive.
Flor.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>