From: "Jenny Dawson" <jjdaw...@iinet.net.au>
To: "JAS Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:48 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS Sleep Mode

Hi Listers

I have downloaded some games from Games for the Blind recently.  When I
first play the games I followed the instructions to silence JAWS. Se Below.
Now when I go into the start menu Jaws won't speak.  It works everywhere
else though.

Can anyone help?

Instructions I followed:
1. Open the JFW Configuration manager:
Press and hold down the insert key, and press the F2 function key.
Usually, the Configuration Manager is the first option in the window that
appears.
Press the enter key on Configuration Manager, and it will open in a new
window.

2. The Configuration Manager window has a menu bar, and we want to open the
Set Options menu.
Do this by pressing the alt key and the letter s.

3. If you press the up arrow key when the Set Options menu opens, you will
find a menu item titled:
Advanced Options...
Locate the Advanced Options menu item and press the enter key to open it.

4. When the Advanced Options window opens, you will find a check box titled:

Sleep Mode Enabled
Press the space bar to check this box, and press the tab key.

5. You will now find a check box titled:
Unload Synthasizer
Press the space bar to check this box, and you are done.

Now, just press the enter key to close the Advanced Options window, Press
Control S to save these new settings, and close the Configuration Manager
window by pressing the alt key and the F4 function key.

Kind regards

Jenny Dawson