I'm using Dectalk Access 32.  When I read the name with the accented character
character by character, there is a blank when I get to the accented character.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Flor Lynch
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws not speaking accented letters

It is more correct to say that JAWS is not speaking accented characters - it
recognizes them all right, but they are non-english.  To change this, go into
the configuration manager, Set Options, Symbols & Graphics, and on the first
tab change the value perhaps to 'also say word'.  You ought also to specify
what synthesizer you are using.