But with a smaller package must come smaller speakers, so how is the sound quality on one of these gizmos? And how many USB ports does it have for connecting all your peripherals - printer, scanner, external drive,etc.?

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "ChB" <chr1...@gmx.de>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws and net books

In nhave a lenovo netbook to take on tripsand stuff.
I like them a lot. The keyboard takes some getting used to since it is
smaller than a regular notebook's. but I have stuck some dots on significant
keys so I can navigate better.
You can run any jaws on it, I am currently running jaws 9 on mine and it
works perfect.
You could also hook up a portable braille display. I do that to mine a lot
and this also works no problem.
Netbooks usually come with either a linux version or windows xp.
I prefer xp becchaue I never used linux and am really not crazy about this
os. But that is all a matter of personal choice, like much everything else.

If you get a netbook that has a decent processor and 1 gig of ram which is
what most come with then there should be no issues. It will be as powerful
as a notebook with the same specs.
Hth
Regards
chrissy