Hi,
This web site acts in a strange way, but you can easily navigate with a tab and a few down arrows. The biggest problem was getting stuck in the edit field, but some experimenting solved this. I am using jaws 10 and hit enter on the desktop dictionary.com icon. This immediately put me into forms mode. I entered a word and tabbed to the search button. I then arrowed down 4 or 5 times, and I then hit the h for heading. This took me to the definitions etc. I could easily navigate around with the arrow keys. This site certainly has much information.
Roger
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Bates Family" <bat...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:00 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Using Dictionary.com

Hi Listers:

I've been using a lot of dictionary.com recently. Though it seems compatible at first, it has a couple of problems. The one that bothers me most is how to find the dictionary entreys. I enter the word and then submit it. If I want the thesaurus entry I hit that. The thesaurus entries are easier to find than the dictionary ones.

My question is: Is there a key combination to find the dictionary entries? I have to go through the entire listing line by line to find it, and sometimes even that doesn't work. So, I call on sighted help, if it's around. Any suggestions? Thanks. Barbara