I use the paid version of AVG 8.5 and have no problems with scans. It takes about an hour to run a complete scan on my computer, and it does not seem to slow down other running applications.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn Walker" <mlw1...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws and Avg

Glenn, avg free slows down everything and scans practically all morning
after I turn on the computer. I'm wondering whether or not the paid version of 8.5 is as annoying, considering that the paid version allows the user to
set scan times, etc.  marilyn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Lemacher" <lemac...@charter.net>