To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] question about Microsoft office 2007

   What is the add on? Is there a  demoe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <andrew.bara...@va.gov>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:37 AM

Well, I'm just starting with it, and haven't had training, or time to
read anything, but basically, you hit the ALT key, and you are presented
with a row of buttons that you tab across, These buttons kind of
represent what was on the old dropdown menus.  You press the spacebar on
a button, and you get another row of buttons with more options.  There
is an add-on that you can buy for $30, that will give you the classic
dropdown menus. So far, with persistence, I have been able to use the
ribbon.  Also, there are keyboard commands that you can memorize and use
to pretty much avoid the ribbon.
Andy