hi Yvonne

the typing sound is enabled because you pressed insert (jaws key) and the letter V for victor to get to jaws options.

this means you hear a sound each time you hit any key on the keyboard. Personally speaking I think this item is miss ladled and gives the wrong impression of what this item actually does.

this sound can be changed by hitting insert V, then the letter T to go to the typing sound.

this is a toggle, which means you hit space bar on it and you will go through different levels of sound the more times you hit spacebar.

for example, once on the typing sound item in the options list, hit space bar once, it will give you options of non, level 1, level 2, level 3 and so on.

each time the level goes up you will hear a typing sound grow louder.

for no sound, hit the space bar until jaws announces non.

once you are in this options list, if you tab over once after each item jaws will tell you what that item does.

this is true for any program not just skype.

use insert H and insert W will tell you keyboard commands for any program and also use insert F1 for further help and information.

I hope this helps you sort the typing sound out.

Elaine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yvonne Oliver" <yvonne.oli...@tafn.org.uk>