If you're listening to MS Word through USB headphones, most of which are of the circumaural design that surrounds your ears and cuts out background sound, how can you hear what's coming through the speakers unless you really crank up the volume? A better solution would be to use a radio program that has its own dedicated volume settings that can be adjusted independently of the system volume. Two such radio-playing programs are Klango Player and Radio Sure, both of which have their own volume settings. This way, you can work with Word at a normal volume through the speakers and set the music volume to a comfortable background level through the same speakers without having to use headphones.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: <angel...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] internet radio and music web sites

If you have USB ports on your computer get USB headphones. They can be purchased reasonably from Radio Shack. Jaws will recognize them as a second sound card and treat them as such. Jaws will speak through the head phones. Thereby leaving the speakers to be used for listening to your favorite radio stations, or for recording. You can then use Ms word or any other program. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Frederick White" <mrbib...@cinci.rr.com>