I should mention that, at the time I was having Forms Mode issues, I was
using Internet Explorer 7.  I'm now using IE8, with no problems.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Flor Lynch" <florl...@iol.ie>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] IE8 Sluggishness

I had similar problems getting rid of unwanted Forms Mode in the
beginning, when i updated through the JAWS10 beta cycle to the released
version of JAWS10.  What i then did, although there were other reasons
as well, was: uninstall JAWS10 and remove its folders, then reinstall
JAWS10 from the CD.  that solved the Forms mode issue, so that forms
Mode on or off has worked correctly - apart from where, In firefox
perhaps, I have to use Forms mode or else subscribing to Live Bookmarks
doesn't (or didn't) work properly for me.  There was a change to how
Forms Mode operated during the beta cycle for JAWS10, if you go back
that far.  So, if you have the tenacity and patience and think it's
worth it, you could go through with the complete removal of JAWS10 and
then reinstall it, either using the current Web download version or
starting with the CD version.  I did all I could to fix mine earlier,
and that did it.