Thanks Tom, I'll give it a try.

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of First CRC Tom
Vos
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:48 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how much RAM for Office 2007

Cher,
I think 2 GB is enough, and the computer person I work with says it is.
I'm using 3 GB, and it gets a little slow when I'm working with large
documents, such as books that are 1,000 pages.
But memory is rather inexpensive, so a little extra doesn't hurt.
A hint.  If your Recycle bin is too full, that can slow down file access in
XP.  Just empty the recycle bin occasionally.
Blessings,
Tom

> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:33:02 -0400
> From: "Don and Cher Bosch" <oneagleswin...@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: [JAWS-Users] how much RAM for Office 2007
> To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
>
> Dear All-
>
> I experimented saving some Word docs in Office 2007 format (with the
> compatibility pack installed but without 2007 installed on the
> machine) and
> it took forever with latest JAWS and 2 GB of RAM on XP-Pro.  Are you
> finding that you have to purchase more RAM in order to run Office 2007
> on XP-Pro with JAWS?  Thanks.
>
> Cher

Easy-to-use, advanced features, flexible phone systems.  Click here for more
info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTQZaqqYGYff0gxwSC8ENl6K9Go
fTv7jacl9Tgl9OEMBaqMV2768j2/