Am I misunderstanding something here? You said you could do the recording without Jaws. Does that mean that you don't really have to have Jaws to do this kind of project? Or, are you meaning that you didn't get Jaws in your recording even though it was on and you were using it? I suspect that is what you mean. But, if you can do it without the help of Jaws, unload it when using Total Recorder and then turn it back on when you are ready to do something else.

Greg
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah anson" <beccaj...@tconl.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:35 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] total recorder and vista with jaws?

Hi,
Is  anyone on here using total recorder and jaws successfully with vista?
When I had xp I could do soundboard recordings and record songs and stuff with no jaws voice. I was using the user interface (ui) driver. But that driver is no longer needed in vista and if you install it and try to record it won't let you and says you can not use this driver to record. However when I use the other driver that is supplied the Kernnel mode driver then I always get jaws speech in my recordings no mater what I do. This also happened in xp and that is why I used the ui driver. So now I am not sure what to do to record. Totla recorder was a program I paid for and was like one of the best programs I owned. I love using it.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Sarah A.