Hello Listers,

I don't know how accessible the below is with jaws and the linux speakup
screenreader, but it was also mentioned as possibility on the accessible
music notation thread and perhaps merits further experimentation for
those interested:

"Freedots takes a electronic music notation file (musicxml) in as input

and produce braille music notation for printing on a braille embosser or

reading on a braille display. It is also able to playback a piece with

your sound card.

Musicxml is a standard music notation format that can be exported with

most optical music recognition programs e.g. finale.

Freedots is still very early in development, it was only started at the

end of last year I think. According to the website, not all braille

music functions are implemented yet. It is however an open source

project so with a lot of input from us blind braille music users it

should become quite good."

Regards,

Riana

NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice
which can be viewed at http://www.doj.gov.za/about_web/disclaimer.htm
If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send an email request for the
disclaimer to webmas...@justice.gov.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.