I have a question concerning text selection mode in word.

    If memory serves me correctly, when pressing the function key eight, it
will take you into text selection mode and you can select word, sentence,
paragraph or document.

So, my question are as follows.

  1..     In order to use this am I needing to have it set at printview? (or
does that matter)
  2.. Does the "sentence" need to have periods or some sort of punctuation?
    I asked this because I was at another computer today, I believe it was an
IBM laptop and when I did function key eight, it said, word, paragraph and
document.
How come there wasn't an option for sentence?

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
It was here first. - Mark Twain