The key term to keep in mind is "realtime protection". AVG, like MSE is a real-time malware program, so it must first be uninstalled before installing either MSE or Eset Smart Security, otherwise, you could encounter conflicts that adversely affect the performance of your PC. I used the Uninstall option of the AVG submenu in All Programs on the Start menu to remove AVG before I installed MSE, and everything went smoothly. The free version of SAS, on the other hand, is just a scanning program that does not offer real-time protection, and therefore can be used safely in conjunction with AVG, MSE or Eset.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] MSE Now Available

Thanks  this is helpful
I think you are probably right and these are sensible assumptions.
As a lot of the page is about Malware it did occur to me that this might be
a utility that you could run with other packages like, for example, super
anti-spyware which also claims to detect worms Trojans etc whilst not being
in conflict with anti virus programs.
I agree however that as MSE explicitly describes itself as an anti-virus
program we should assume that it will not work with other anti-virus
programs installed.

My own licence for AVG Internet Security expires in about 20 days and I was
about to consider switching to Eset Smart Security .  If enough
supplementary Information on MSE in the meantime emerges this may influence
my decision.

Regards

David Griffith