Have you tried Windows Live Mail on 7? It would be worth at least trying so you would know if it works or not.

From: "Che" <c...@blindadrenaline.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 1:14 AM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws 11 with windows live mail

Does anyone know if FS plans to have jaws 11 accessible with windows live mail for win 7? I'm using eudora right now with the win 7 RC, but it is less than a pleasant experience so far. Barring windows live mail, any suggestions for a good accessible email client? I was happy with outlook express in XP, but alas that is no longer an option.
  Thanks for any info.
 che