Thanks everyone. One more question: Brian was correct in saying each jhook.dll file must stay in its own version, because when I tried to copy from another version ... no more Jaws 11. So would you recommend just reinstalling Jaws 11, or should I first do a clean uninstall and then put it back in?

What originally happened was that Firefox or Internet Explorer would crash, and my sighted friend looked at error details and said it had something to do with a corrupt or missing jhook.dll file. So would a complete removal and then a reinstall probably be the best solution to this?

Thanks.