I've been a Yahoo mail user for many years.  It usually works well with any
version of JAWS.  The following points may help:
1.  At the top of the mail page there should be a link to activate "mail
classic".  Click it since the classic version is the one that works well with
JAWS.  Yahoo will remember the setting.
2.  When the mail page comes up, there is a link at the very top to turn off
automatic refresh to help with screen readers.  Select this also.  Yahoo
doesn't remember this one so you will have to click it every time you log in.
3.  I have been experiencing some timing issues between JAWS and Yahoo so, when
you are logged in, wait until JAWS starts reading the page automatically before
starting to navigate through your mail.
4.  I have had fewer problems with older versions of JAWS--10, 9 or 8 work well.

HTH

Loren Schoof
loren_sch...@yahoo.com