Thanks- that's very helpful.

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Multi-function Printers with JAWS & Kurzweil

Hi
     If you are wanting a high speed scanner, I would suggest the HP 5000.
This scanner scans 25 pages a minute and scans bought sides of the page at
the same time. It costs between $700 and $800 US. The reason I have to use
such a machine is that I am scanning textbooks for my college classes. Some
of those are 1300 pages long. There are lower priced options if a person is
scanning single sided pages or if high speed is not a concern.
     One thing to consider is to take the number of seconds it takes to scan
a page and multiply it times the number of pages in your average document
you would want to scan. This gives a little bit of a view of how long it
will take for your normal scan job.
     Just my thoughts.

God bless,
Mark