Hello Kimsan,
well, if I go to the top of my folder structure i.e outlook express and then press ctrl+shift+f there is a read only entry field reading "outlook express". That means the search will be carried out in which ever folder you happen to press ctrl+shift+f. If you move through the various items to specify your search query you will find such things as
From: to: subject:.
There is a checkbox to include subfolders. Mark that checkbox. You want to check that box to make sure it finds your mail. As long as you know a persons name or mail adress or the subject of the mail in concern you should find it as long as it is there. I hope to be clear enough and I hope that the described procedure works for outlook as well.
But I can not see why it should not work that way.
Good luck
Jeronimo