Freedomscientific just did a casting on a program for it. Suppose to work well with jaws 11 and the program you want to use. Go to the web and listen and hope is what you are looking.

From: "David Griffith" <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:40 AM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws and dragon Naturally speaking

Dear List

I am about to do some extensive research .
I had anticipated transcribing interviews into potentially large documents
which can be 30-50 pages long.
I use Jaws 11 and am a reasonably proficient touch typist but nevertheless
this this is likely to be an onerous task.

I had considered using Dragon Naturally Speaking as an alternative.
Realistically I could not expect it to  recognise the voices of my
interviewees but have considered simply listening to the interviews via
earphones and dictating the recording back into DNS myself.

I am not sure how feasible it is to use dragon Naturally speaking with Jaws
in this way.  More particularly would there be a problem with the training
of my voice recognition for the program? Presumably this is the only hurdle
that really needs to be overcome?   Dragon can be bought I see for quite
reasonable cost.   I have seen it advertised for about £40. I investigated
the J-Say  scripts to work with Jaws  and there the combined dragon J-Say
scripts package, in contrast,  is horrifically expensive  at over $800.

My question is do I really need this expensive add on to work DNS with Jaws
11?

I am a reasonably proficient Jaws user and would be happy to use things like
the Jaws Cursor to read necessary parts of the  program.

Thanks for any assistance.

David Griffith

database 4908 (20100302) __________

http://www.eset.com