Well, I finally found the pattern and fixed the problem where the stand-by
button did not always work. At first I thought that the video driver update
corrected the problem but two days later it came back again and then I
noticed that the shut down would sometimes lock up.
Just by dumb luck I discovered that if the printer is turned on both
stand-by and shut down work. When the printer was turned off they would not
work.
I have only had the printer installed for a few weeks and it is usually
turned on.
I went and ran msconfig and unchecked hp monitor and now everything is back
to normal.
 This is on a windows xp machine and using a c4180 all in one printer.
Give me the old main frames I still think that pcs should be used as
doorstops.
---
Please visit my home page; it is motivational, inspirational and humorous
with many resources for the blind.
http://www.lennymchugh.com
Lenny
Please Copy and Paste into New Message to pass along. Use BCC line when
addressing.
Help stop identity theft.