Mike and others, I do use Jaws 10 or 11 most of the time, but as an experiment I have used Jaws 8 to see if it worked better. It is definitely more limited than 10 or 11 in many areas. But my concern was that, even when using a newer Jaws, the pages show no links or text when going past the home split button. I'll stay away from 8 since it doesn't read menus, but would like to know how to make 10 and 11 read the links on the page instead of seeing it blank. I'm trying to see if it's a Jaws issue and if either a tool bar needs to be checked or if something in HTML options isn't set correctly. I know others have had trouble getting pages to come up and would be interested in how they resolved the issue. Thanks. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] internet explorer showing blank pages when usingjaws

Hi Joann;

You mention that you are running Jaws 8.  Jaws 8 won't work with IE8.  You
need at the minimum, Jaws 9, latest version, and Freedom Scientific says you
need Jaws 10 to use IE8.  If you are going to use Jaws8, I would suggest
rolling back to IE6 / 7, if possible.  Hope this helps.  Take care.

Mike,
It's tax time! Remember folks, if you add, IRS to the word, the, you get "T
H E I R S ".  That spells THEIRS!
----- Original Message ----- From: Joanne