Let me just assure you that Office 2007 is a good upgrade.
It has a learning curve because MS has switched to ribbon menus rather
than the pull down menus, but give yourself a little time to explore, and
you will find this system works well, and JAWS works well with it.
Blessings,
Tom

> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:10:46 -0600
> From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenz...@shaw.ca>
> To: "Jaws Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
> Subject: [JAWS-Users] laptops and OS
>
> Hello all,
>
> I don't have time to read many messages, so apologize if this has
> been covered or is of common knowledge.
>
> I am in the market for a laptop computer. I've never owned a laptop
> and don't know what to look for or avoid as a blind user. I will
> have to upgrade Jaws as I'm back on version 8. I'm thinking that most
> laptops now are sold with Windows 2007 operating system. How does
> Jaws work with that? Of course, it would be whatever current version
> Jaws is at, version 11 I think. Also, I would then have to make the
> leap to Office 2007 from Office 2003. I may have to use Office 2007
> including PowerPoint, Excel, IE, and Word in school next fall. I'll
> know that for sure later this week, but I would expect that they
> will not be using my favourite 2003 stuff.
>
> Anyway, any pointers on upgrading would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jean
>
>   "Hear no
Be a Photographer
2010 is the year to enroll in a Photography Training Program.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bb0abfa61959c64m01vuc