Yeah, but you should run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to make sure your system supports Win 7. Second, make sure you can get drivers for your printer/scanner etc. from the manufacturer website.

From what I've read, XP will continue to be updated until 2014, so if it
does what you want, there is really no big rush to update.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kliph" <phantom3...@yahoo.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] windows 7 why

Now, this is just my opinion. Windows 7 is much faster, secure, and easier to navigate. If you can't find it, just type it in the surch box and after
a few letters, it will give you some choices.  Another reason is, support
for XP is suppose to be going away in 2011, but they have moved this date
more times than I care to count.  Now let me warn you, coming from XP to
windows 7, there will be a significant learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it will be easy. I went from XP to vista then windows 7, so it
was a little easier for me.  Good luck, and remember, these are just my
opinions based on what I've learned and experienced over the last 6 months, and 3 months before that on the Release canadate. Good luck in your choice.