I think is a jaws 11 issue. I have the same problem with reading text from a field when I am chatting with someone. I get graphic and so. I need to close jaws and restart it. JAWS 11 is becoming a headache.

From: "Doug Leavens" <df.leav...@shaw.ca>
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 2:26 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Is this a jaws problem?

Using jfw 11(latest update) and win xp sp3 and here's what happens:
Using the run dialog to access a website, the page comes up fine. However: when using the jaws cursor, I can read the page, but I don't here any links, headings or whatever.
When using the virtual cursor, I can only read the first line of the page.
Sometimes quitting jfw and relaunching solved the problem, but not today.
Is there anything, short of replacing this machine with a Mac, that I can do?

P.S. My next computer is going to be a mac, notwithstanding any learning curves.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard