Hi
I have JAWS 10 and Windows xp. I didn't find list of applications under Individual voice adjustments menu. Changes always effect all applications. I also tried to open configuration manager above some applications and didn't find it there too.

Tatyana.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mobeen Iqbal" <mobeeniq...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how to set jaws speed for various applications

Hi.
Unfortunately, they've changed this in jaws 11. in jaws 10 or earlier, alt o for options, then down to voice settings, then individual voice adjustment or you can do global voice adjustment i think. then you arrow up and down to select application specific then adjust the rate for windows explorer, make sure windows explorer is running when you do this. it may also be in global voice settings.

In jaws 11, you press alt o for options, then down to voices, then go in to voice adjustment. adjust how fast or slow you want jaws to be, then save it as a new profile, you should be prompted to do this when clicking on save as. once you've done this, go back in to the options menu, then to voices, then to select profile. do this again while windows explorer is running. you will be given a combo box for the application you want to adjust, select windows explorer then tab to the profile box, then click on the one you saved earlier.
I hope this helps.
Mo.

Tatyana wrote:
Hello all,
I can't find the way how to set certain level of JAWS speed for various applications. I'd like JAWS speaking fast when I browse folders and files on my computer, but from other hand I'd like it speak slower when I'm reading e- mails, for example. I know I can change the speed on the fly but it's quite annoying when I lose the setting just right when I escape the program.

Thanks for your help.
Tatyana.