Hello,
 My name is Erin, and I'm new to the group.
 I use Jaws 10 and 11 standard.
 I am going tomorrow to get a new laptop.
I've been told that I either have to get seven or a mac. I don't know if jaws works with either one of them. And if it does do I need jaws standard or pro. Also, I saw there were three different versions of seven, and I don't know what the differences are. I like to do several things on my computer. Burn and rip cd's, download music, convert things with GoldWave, join things together, play games and much more. I also love to go to chatroom sites and play yahtzy. right now people can't hear me using my vista laptop. I've been told it's because of my sound card. However I've tried both speakers and external sound cards. People still can't hear jaws.
 As I said I'm getting a new laptop, and I'm looking for input.
Things like, the size of the harddrive, how much ram, 32 or 64 bit, operating system, microsoft verses mac, sound card, what version of jaws, and everything, and anything else, people can advise me with more information. i'm going in the morning, sorry for such short notice, but it suddenly came up.
 Thanks for all the help you all can give me.
Erin