well, now wait a minute.

if that is the case, why do my sapi4 voices work in window eyes and also in self voicing apps that support sapi4. I didn't think about that a second ago.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans Pauli Sundstein" <h...@hapasu.dk>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Detect SAPI4 Broken?

Hi Chris.

If you're running on a Windows 7, 64 bit edition, you can't install the sapi
4 engine, that should make it possible
to use the sapi 4 speech synthizis.

I don't know, whether Microsoft will release a new version of the sapi 4
engine for use on Win 7 64 bit systems.

Temporary you must take advantage of the sapi 5 synthizis that is available.

Hans Pauli.

----- Oprindelig meddelelse ----- Fra: "chris hallsworth" <christopher...@googlemail.com>