From: "Deanne Miller" <jawsstude...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:35 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Focus issue

Josh:
On my XP machine, I found the disable button in the control pannel under
mouse, Device Settings. Pressing enter on Mouse should automatically open
the mouse properties.  Control Tab to the Device Settings page.  Tab to
disable and press Enter.  Alternatively, you can tab to settings, press
Enter, arrow down to Sensitivity, right arrow to open the submenu, arrow
down to  Touch Sensitivvity, press tab and arrow to the left to make the
touch pad less sensitive.  The smaller the numbers, the less sensitive the
touch pad.  Tab again and it should say something like Heavy Touch.  Tab
again and press Enter on Okay, and your touch pad will be much less likely
to pick up on you lightly touching it by mistake, or sense your wrist moving
over the top of it.
Just a side note: you can sometimes find the pointing device in your system
tray.  Press enter on it, Enter again on properties, Control tab to Device
Settings, and you're in the same menu to either disable it or change the
sensitivity.
Hope this helps,
Deanne