No idea. But what if you make Paul a voice for all cursors and not asign individual voices? Not sure if this could be the problem, but nothing hurts to try.

Negoslav
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara Arcadia" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Kate & Paul for Jaws6

Hi Chris, Flor, Negoslav, & TJ;

This is what I have tried;
1. Go into the configuration manager/synthesizer options and select SAPI5
for the default.
2. Jaws key, control, + S and select SAPI5 for the synthesizer in Jaws6.
3. Jaws Key + J for Jaws options, then Individual voices I went through and
selected Paul as the default voices for the PC, keyboard, tutor& messages
voice and Kate as the Jaws cursor voice.
Paul works as the default temporarily.  If I invoke the Jaws key + F4
keystroke to unload Jaws and then
reload Jaws6, Paul say Jaws for Windows is ready, and that is it!

If I then invoke the keystroke Jaws key, control, + S keystroke and press
enter on what I know is the SAPI5 synthesizer again. then the Paul / SAPI5
voice
starts working .

What do I have to do to make SAPI5 work without having to invoke the select
synthesizer keystroke
whenever Jaws6 is unloaded & reloaded? Thank you all very much. Your help
is appreciated immensely.  Take care.
Mike