Hi Chris, Flor, Negoslav, & TJ;

After some playing around I finally got Paul to work as the default voice.
I first had to make Paul the default voice in Speech Properties in the
control panel.  Then I made SAPI5 the default synthesizer in the
configuration manager, invoked the keystroke of Jaws key, control, + S
keystroke to select the SAPI5 synthesizer, and finally into Jaws options and
made Paul the default voice in PC cursor, Jaws cursor, Keyboard, & Tudor/
messages in the individual voices option.  I didn't want to mess around with
the " synth.ini " file just because I don't have a clue as to  what to do in
there.  I want to truly thank all of you for all of your help.  Take care.
Mike