To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 12:59 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Making JAWS less chatty in Windows Explorer

Hello all,
I've heard about this on another list so thought I would pass this on.
To make JAWS less chatty in Windows Explorer:
1. Open Windows Explorer. Then, press insert+6 to open Configuration
Manager. It should say, "explorerframe.jcf - JAWS Configuration
Manager". This is fine as you should only do this for Windows Explorer.
2. Press alt+s to open the set options menu, then v to open the
Verbosity Options dialogue box.
3. Tab to the preferences button corresponding to your current verbosity
level and activate it.
4. Down arrow till you hear, "control type checked". Press space and you
should hear, "control type not checked".
5. Press enter to activate the ok button.
6. Back in the Verbosity Options dialogue box, tab to the ok button and
activate it.
7. Save your changes with ctrl+s.
8. Close Configuration Manager with alt+f4.
Hope this helps!

--
Sent using Thunderbird