From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Flor Lynch
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Braille display Issue in Notepad and Perky Duck

Hi jerry,

This may be because every new line - a hard line break, when the enter
key is pressed - is treated as a paragraph break, thus making a new one
begin in cell two or cell three (to conform with the correct brailling
rules), in Notepad and in Perky Duck.  If you have the full forty cells
filled in one line, then isn't it likely that there will be a single
space left in cell one of the next braille line to mark the word
separation, which might be important if you have the display refreshing
automatically?  (I can't speak to perky duck, not having it.)  the
paragraph setting in Outlook and word may be set to two line-spaces
rather than just one.  if reading a print line in Notepad of more than
40 characters that wraps, I believe the remainder of the print line will
start over on cell one of the next braille (as it will happen, shorter)
line.  the braille line beginning in cell two or three may be quite
correct for beginning a new paragraph in braille.  I do have Duxbury
braille Translator, and I know that there are settings available there
to enable beginning a parargraph on cell one.