Just another malware fighter out there. It is not part of CCleaner. I just referred to it as part of recommending other tools which may be used for PC maintenance.

You can learn more bout the Sophos anti-Rootkit here http://www.sophos.com/products/free-tools/sophos-anti-rootkit.html

On 10/14/2010 7:44 PM, Francis E. Khan wrote:
What is this sophos rootkit revealer and is it in the C cleaner and if not, where is it? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ishe Chinyoka" <chiny...@chinyoka-educational.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] c cleaner

 Sure it's accessible with Jaws as it is just a dialog-based program.
It is free for both personal and commercial use.
I personally found it reliable when working with disk monitoring and registry. It will even remove some cookies from your browser cache.

For maintenance purposes, you might also consider having a good firewall program like Zone Alarm or WinPatrol. These will make sure that your computer does not attract unnecessary attention from the network. Also you may try the Sophos Rootkit Revealer to clean your PC of any rootkits.

Ishe